Monday 3 November 2008

Mix Tape



Maybe I'm just unlucky, maybe I did something to deserve it, but why is it that every (from my experience) high level MMORPG player seem to be competing for either the 'Most boring person alive' award or the 'Biggest Arsehole' award. I should explain I've been playing MMORPG's on and off for about 11 years now, and it seems as soon as you get to a certain point on any of them, the company you keep goes to shit. rather than having abit of fun and chatting your party's turn to silence with everyone doing exactly what their job requires and nothing else ( what's the point in a party that's completely silent).

Normally I'd just quit ditch everyone I've met and move on to a new game and start again, but with the game I'm playing at present you can switch job, so in theory you could get to the (as I call it:) arsehole barrier and then just start a new job, the problem is that because you're on the same game you get hasseled to play the job that people know you have leveled. Great I guess most people think, I can get abit closer to the level cap. I'd rather solo my way through the first section of the game in silence than sit in a high-ish level party in complete silence. atleast if I'm soloing I know no ones talking because I'm alone, not because they are arrogant wankers.

(Just to explain the above remarks somewhat: I'm playing FFXI I'm level 61, problem is, with the introduction of the Level Sync system, you can't even escape the higher level types by switching jobs as you could very well end up in a 15 or 25-ish party with a group of 75's ... Don't even get me started on the general personalitys of a certain job, i'd grit my teeth untill my jaw broke).

No comments: