Thursday 27 November 2008

Big Willie Style to Hancock


I'm going to try not to ramble to much on this but I think I've found the solution to society's problems, Will Smith. Will Smith as you may know was once a rapper before he moved his sights on to movies, when he used to focus on music he made a sort of safe rap, example:

"First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass." -

From the song "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"
which was about how he moved house after listening to his mothers worries about not wanting him to get hurt by local thugs that had just moved to the area. Sadly we don't have this now and instead have music replacing Smiths in popularity like this:

"Dogg back up in this muthafucka, hoes know how to act up in this muthafucka, they know I make
it crack up in this muthafucka, all blue chucks and my chakkies in this muthafucka, I'm lookin'
for a thick one, he can't brown, she lookin' for the slim one, loves to go down she say she
like the big one, meet her right now do you know i gotta get one?"


Which is the first few lines of a song by Snoop Dogg I copied direct from here I haven't corrected the spelling because for all I know those sentances make sense to the intended audience (Incase you think I'm being unfair I just picked a song at random from a recent album... I imagine the rest are similar). But this man is apparently one of the most popular rappers this year, gone are the lyrics promoting listening to your parents and drinking orange juice. and in comes lyrics about fucking mothers and ... well thats all I understand in that passage, it's probably about rape or sluts or something ( I hate this kind of garbage).

Right, that's my comparison on how music has changed, don't think there can be much argument on that, and now for this. Since Will Smith has moved on to movies and
is no longer at the hight of success with music (1997-ish) knife crime in the UK has turned into a rather serious problem. and you know who carrys knifes? Chavs, those dirty arseholes standing on your street corner threatening to slash you up unless you buy them alcohol because their only 12. I tried to find a site to demonstrate I wasn't alone in typing that chavs = knife crime. but one of the first sites I found ( Searching "Chav Knife") was this bebo page, which I believe sums things up quite nicely.

You can see where I'm going with this so I'll just say it...





No comments: