Monday 19 January 2009

I lost my heart to a starship trooper

I re-watched a film I liked years ago recently, Starship Troopers. I still really enjoyed it, but I think with me been slightly older I've noticed a couple of things with the film that really bothered me. Near the start the smart ferret guy does a video clip saying pretty much, to shoot the bug thing in the eye and it'll die straight away "Pretty cool" I said, should make it easy for those space marine guys to kill them all. Skip forwards a bit and Rico and his best buddy's are on some planet somewhere fighting bugs and I notice they arn't dying very easy at all, I just wanted to shout Neil Patrick Harris you liar! Until I noticed that those stupid marine types were shooting from the hip, all that time they spent running around learning how to shoot things and no one taught them to aim. I'm sure in the entire film there was maybe two people who aimed, one of them, was the teacher with a missing arm, problem with that was, he only aimed once and that was when he wanted to shoot his own soldier.



Also, I noticed my undying hatred of Carmen (I think that was her name, I don't have the will to look it up) and I'm just as annoyed now as I was back then that she makes it to the end of the film alive, personally if I had any say in it, I'd use her as practice to explain to the infantry how to aim.

(In case anyone's interested the title is a song of the same name by Sarah Brightman).

No comments: